A Thrifty Dinner

I’ve not been updating anything down here, as I am not able to pick up myself after hearing so many bad news that’s surrounding me. From one after another, companies shut down during year end holiday, headcount reduction, wage freeze, delayed merit increment, forced annual leave application, pay cut, etc.

Things have turned out so bad and many people had actually spent less. Well, am not going to refer anyone far, just myself.

If you’re not eating out and wanted to have something light and some carbohydrate for the meal, what’s best to have?

Ta da…. Sardine Fish

What makes an ordinary sardine fish delicious? Well, the trick is this, finely slices shallots or onions, with lots of chilli flower, chilli padi and finely chopped Kaffir lime leaves. And also squeeze with lot of lime juices. Store that in a fridge for couple of hours. Take out when you’re ready to eat.

I love to eat sardine fish with these shallots with lots of chilli flower, chilli padi and Kaffir lime leaves. Just that alone can have 2 bowl of steam rice… yummy yummy!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
This dish alone goes well in many ways...with rice as a meal and with my bread for breakfast :)
-j- said…
cheap, good and healthy too!!!
Anonymous said…
sometimes light and easy meal is more healthy, easy for digestion also! sometimes, I also make light meal similar to this for dinner!
Allie said…
I like sardine cook in this way too! But I don't eat the onions... haha..
Little Inbox said…
Normally I use onion and bird's eye chili to cook with the can sardine. Looks like I have to learn from u using some other extra ingredients.
I've thinking for posting this sardine dish too, but keep on delay to cook it. :)
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the inspiring post! Haha... I always think that sardine is boring but now I know how to spice it up :)
J2Kfm said…
I'd imagined the onions would taste somewhat like the ones served with murtabak.

but lack the sweetness. nothing ground-breaking, but works just fine. only sardines for dinner? hmmm ... add a cube of foo yee, finish up >2 bowls!
worldwindows said…
Those who got through the mid-80's and '98 is more prepared for the crunch. Lots of bad news swirling around! It is better than to hear the 'all's fine' which is common in a control environment.

Sardines is ever present in our kitchen cabinet for a quick meal. Work wonders with lots of lime juice and big onions.
Babe_KL said…
have you tried using canned sardine to make fried rice. try it, it's simple but delish :D
Precious Pea said…
My Hubby always beg me to cook this for him. Hahaha!
Food Paradise said…
We loves sardines too. Sometime we eat the sardines and onion with rice and bread. lol
Anonymous said…
You mentioned "chilli flower". What is that?

Hansolo