Pitt Street Koay Teow Th'ng 椰腳粿條湯

Pitt Street Koay Teow Th’ng – the original Koay Teow Th’ng from Hai Oan coffee shop that located in Burmah Road.

What’s attractive about this Koay Teow Th’ng is their fish ball and the pork patty and not to forget the chili that they make. Though it’s only chili padi, garlic and soya sauce, am sure they added either lemon juice or lime juice, otherwise, how could it be so tantalizing?

I remember CK blogged about them moving to a new place, thank god it was just a few doors away. As such, it would not be too difficult to locate them, after all, this is the place where you could see lots of tourists walking around with their camera, umbrella, drinking bottle and of course with a tour guide.

I’ve never try out this main branch before, and I always like to eat their KTT because of the fish balls is springy and the pork patties. It’ll good if you could add their specially made chili too. It is just absolutely delicious!!

This stall was also awarded for a special award in year 2002. Well, I supposed this couldn’t be wrong, right? (椰腳粿條湯 - 曾榮獲2002年皇牌小吃)


Other Review
What2See
Food Point of Interest
Gourmet Garden



Address & Contact Number
139 Pitt Street (Jalan Masjid Kapitan Keling)
Penang
Tel: +6017-4793 208 (Sherry)

Notes:
Closed on Sunday & Monday for Pitt Street
Closed on Monday for Burmah Road (Hai Oan)

Comments

Little Inbox said…
KTT again? Pal, you really a KTT lover!
email2me said…
I was there for their new shop opening. But till now haven't post up their post. lol ..... must put up soon. Feel so paiseh. CNY day 3 till now =.=||
minchow said…
I am SOLD! I've been such a KTT-hater that I refused to try this even after reading CK's account and dozens of friends' recommendations. But I think I cannot avoid it anymore!
CRIZ LAI said…
I used to buy back their fish ball soup for my family until the price shot up so high.. and never came down after that. :P Well, the taste was not bad but the portion could not fill me up. It's too small.

http://crizfood.com/
cariso said…
I have yet to pay a visit after they've moved. Must go one day soon!
allie said…
It's been quite sometime I didn't visit this shop d :)
Seems like it's time for revisit :)
Anonymous said…
i am not a fan of KTT, but after reading your blog, perhaps I should change my mind and go try a bowl..
Big Boys Oven said…
wow! one look at the little plate of cut bird chillies, I already "syiok". What about the bowl of kway teow thing, definite a pleasure of the day! the fish ball must be aesome springy! ;)
ck lam said…
Recently heard from the tau kei soh that she will be adding some new snacks, do check them out.
Thanks for the link, New Kid :)
gill gill said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said…
I been there during CNY....we loves the fish balls......but we were told that they cannot add any extra fish balls for us as they run out. :(
Sugar Bean said…
Hmm... Didn't know why but I hardly order Koay Teow soup. Personally prefer the dry version. :)
Steven Goh said…
oh ya, I just read about this post from gourmet garden last few weeks, and I had passed by there for the photo taking session but never had a chance to sit in and try out the ktt there. Should find one day to go try out deel
Unknown said…
OUR ANOTHER OUTLET IS LOCATED AT HAI OAN KOAY TEOW TH'NG (BURMAH ROAD) IS OPEN FROM (8.00AM - 11.45AM). CLOSE ON SATURDAY & MONDAY.

ON THE OTHER HAND, 06/03/2011(SUNDAY) WILL BE THE LAST DAY FOR BUSINESS...

BUT WE ARE STILL AT 183,CARNARVON STREET(沓田仔),BUSINESS START FROM (8.15AM - 4.00PM),CLOSE ON SUNDAY & ,MONDAY.
BUT START FROM 20/03/2011(SUNDAY),WE WILL ONLY CLOSE ON MONDAY...
FOR SUNDAY,OUR BUSINESS TIME IS FROM (8.15AM-1.00PM)~

THANKS FOR UR ALL SUPPORT:)