This would be my 1st time after 8 years of not making any… wonder how would it taste like… and seriously, the excitement for making this for the family is still the same.
Making this for my younger sister… this is her all time favourite. I wonder will she like this version which added sesame oil in the dough.
Anyway, … when I bake this, the whole house is full of sesame aroma.
I adapted Lingze’s recipe on this and that could make about 100 over cookies.
175g icing sugar
300g all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
200g corn oil
20g sesame oil
1 small egg (for egg wash)
- Weigh all dry ingredients per what stated in the recipes, and mixed them all in a large bowl.
- Mixed the dried ingredients by using whisk that will mix the dried ingredients well.
- Add oil gradually to form dough.
- If the dough is too crumby, add more oil, but for this case, I added the sesame oil.
- Once done, roll a small tiny dough and put it on the baking tray.
- Use round tip to form a tiny hole.
- Brush with lightly beaten egg wash before baking.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes at 170 degree Celsius.
Happy Prosperous New Year!!