When you are leaving nothing in the fridge to prepare for a meal.... You will tend to be creative. Agree? Even though that leaves you basically nothing to cook but you ought to crack your head to think of something. Right?
When comes to Friday, you wouldn't want to go anywhere but home.... Know why, the traffic from Bayan Lepas Free Industrial Zone to the Penang Bridge, honestly its killing. If you are driving a manual car.... You will want to go for shopping, before heading back home. For me, I didn't even want to go anywhere but home. Thank God, it’s an against traffic flow, thus, it’s not too bad, however, some time to get stuck in the traffic is also required. I wonder why are they not building a 4 lanes or 5 lanes of road?
So, a simple meal for such day can be really easy at times to pass your Friday night. What I made was a simple noodle soup with minced meat.
2 cups of water
1 cube of chicken stock
2 stalks of spring onions, but I had about 10 stalks
Approximately 250g minced meat
2 teaspoon Oyster sauce
1. Boil 2 cups of water
2. Once it boils, add the 1 cube of chicken stock, and let it dissolve
3. While waiting for it to dissolve, wash and cut the spring onions to 1.5inches in size
4. Marinate the minced meat with 2 teaspoons of oyster sauce, for about 20minutes
5. Add in the minced meat per 1 person’s serving
6. Keep boiling till the meat is cooked
7. At the same time, boil a pot of water cook the vermicelli per instruction
8. Scoop out and pour in the soup and the minced meat
9. Optional is to add in a poach egg per your liking
10. Garnish some spring onions that makes a bowl of noodle colourful