Home Cooked Honey Pork Belly


2012_07_29 Home Cooked Food 001a
I came across this post while I was googling on other matters, and find it rather easy to cook and it’s originated from a Japanese.

Without second thought and much hesitation, I told myself, got to try it out. Even though I can cook, I find myself not a confident cook like others. Some how just lack of that in me… perhaps I am so afraid of failure. I know many chefs have gone thru many failures before they are successful. But, to me, though I know that’s the path that you ought to go thru, but I find it really a waste when the entire food just not eatable anymore.

I always like how the chef cut their meat, or the way they cut anything … for example this meat, I am not able to cut per what it said in the post. Thurs, my piece of pork belly looks a bit in odd shape. And also the food presentation, the way they presented their food on a plate or a bowl. It looks like an art to me, in fact, it’s a piece of valuable art.

Ingredients
350g pork belly
Oil
Blanched spinach (optional, the original post do add this and also some Japanese mayonnaise for beautifying)

Seasoning
2 Tbsp of honey
2 Tbsp of soy sauce
1 Tbsp of oyster sauce
2 garlic gloves


Step-by-Step
  1.  Slice the pork belly into 6-7mm pieces
  2.  Grate garlic cloves
  3.  Heat oil in a large frying pan and start cooking pork belly on high heat
  4.  When both side of the pork belly is nicely browned, turn off the heat
  5.  Wipe off the excess oil completely
  6.  Turn the heat back on the medium heat and add the seasonings
  7.  Cook over medium heat until the meat start to have nice glaze. Try not to burn the sauce
  8.  Once done, nice to serve with steamed rice

    2012_07_29 Home Cooked Food 003a 2012_07_29 Home Cooked Food 002a

Comments