Fried Pork with Onion & Dried Chili 爆炒辣肉塊

2013_01_09 Home Cooked Food 001a
I respect those housewives can cook all kinds of dishes for the family. Be it from chicken, fishes, meat, or Hokkien cuisine, Cantonese cuisine or Hainan cuisine. Some even spend time to grind the spices to curry, some even marinade the meat for a long hours.

For me, I rather have a quick one, even marinade for 15 minutes is just good enough for me. I believe most important is the flame and the wok.

Found this recipe from one of my recipe book which I bought for many years. This was found only decided to try it out when you’re running out of idea what to eat, and what to cook.  I guess this is an easy job for most expert cook.



Ingredients
500g pork tenderloin, cut into cubes
1 onion, peeled and cut into chucks
5 dried chilies, cut into small pieces (but I used chili padi instead)

Marinade
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp light soya sauce
Dash of pepper
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp corn starch

Seasoning
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp chili sauce
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp water
2 stalks spring onion, cut into short lengths

Method

  1. Mix pork with marinade and marinate for 30 minutes
  2. Heat up oil, pan-fry pork cubes until 80% cooked
  3. Add onion, dried chili and stir fry until fragrant. Add seasoning and stir fry until well mixed
  4. Lastly add spring onion and stir well
  5. Dish up and serve with steam rice


Note:
Do note that if you are the person can’t take any salty food, my advice to omit the salt from the marinade.
Noted add in 1 tbsp corn starch for marinade could make the meat a bit too starchy, I guess need to modify that.
Without dry chili and replaced by chili padi also make this dish special too.

2013_01_09 Home Cooked Food 013a 2013_01_09 Home Cooked Food 008a

Enjoy!

Comments