Home Cooked Fry Yee Mee 炒伊麺
Since settled down here, I have not been honestly adventurous enough to explore more food in the island. Not that am finding excuse but honestly, I am so lost that I do not know how to manage my own time to certain extend. I could barely split myself into this and that. When am too free, I have all the time in the world, but my mind isn’t functioning. In fact, what’s going on, uh?
Actually I have plenty of ideas in my mind and I wish I have the capability to do it… things like cook all the food that I’ve been reading from the web, invite friends and family to my small hut for a simple gathering, reading some books, etc… but some how, it’s just didn’t get it working. Apart from now that am grumbling over it, whatelse have been done then?
Oh yes, I’ve been cooking simple food for the 2 of us… how simple would it be with Fried Yee Mee?! Mom’s version is always sumptuous and ‘luxury’ to me. Why would I said that, you could always see something like octopus, fish fillet, pork fillet, prawns, vegetables, and others ingredients.
Where else, mine was simplified compared to mom. At least, I could feed the man at home with satisfactory grin. Isn’t that satisfying for the cook?
250g Prawns (medium)
500g Vegetables (Choy Sum)
250g Pork Fillet
2 Yee Mee
4 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce (2 tablespoon for marinate)
3 Tablespoon Dark Soya Sauce (1 tablespoon for marinate)
3 Tablespoon Light Soya Sauce (1 tablespoon for marinate)
1 Teaspoon Sugar
- First marinade the pork fillet with oyster sauce, dark soya sauce, light soya sauce & sugar for 30minutes.
- Boil water to cook the Yee Mee till al dente, then set aside. 2 to 3 tablespoon of vegetable oil on cooked Yee Mee, to avoid sticking together.
- Lightly beat egg and set aside.
- 2 tablespoon of oil to heat fry pan.
- Pan fry lightly beaten egg till cooked and dish out.
- Cut the egg into stripe and set aside.
- Heat up the wok with 5 table spoon of vegetable oil.
- 1 tablespoon of garlic, heat up and fry.
- Add in the marinated pork fillet and prawns, then add in the cooked Yee Mee.
- Stir fry and add in the sauces.
- Dish out and sprinkle with the egg stripe.