Steam Chicken 私房菜蒸雞

2012_02_14 Home Cooked Steamed Chicken with Mushroom 003
I know some people steam chicken will add in Chinese Sausages, and some will add Chinese Cooking Wine. But my version is only chicken and dried mushroom.  I find that adding the sausages into it, that could make the chicken very sweet, and it’s like losing its original taste.

However, different family will have their different way of steaming. For me, I cut it short and real simple. As long as no one complains and no one having stomach upset, I guess that’s the final result of that.

I truly appreciate if some one out there can give some advices, I guess I can find ways to improve it. Meanwhile here’s my simple version of steaming chicken.

Ingredients
2 chicken thigh
5 to 6 dried mushroom, soak and cut into strips


Marinade
1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
½ tablespoon of dark soya sauce
½ tablespoon of light soya sauce
½ teaspoon of sugar (or less)


Method
  1.      Marinate the chicken for about 20 to 30minutes
  2.       Boil water till it’s boiling hot
  3.       Line up the chicken on a flat plate and garnished the mushrooms on top of it
  4.       Steam the chicken for about 10 to 15 minutes
  5.       Then serve while it’s hot.
2012_02_14 Home Cooked Steamed Chicken with Mushroom 001


I am submitting this dish to Aspiring Bakers #28: Chicken Feast (February 2013) hosted by SSB of Small Small Baker.

Comments