Sip & Chew Café


Sometimes having a bunch of good colleagues and good friends is really helping you to pass your day fast. Don’t you agree? When I told them I got to leave early today as I have totally forgot that today is my wedding anniversary. And spontaneously they suggested to me let’s go out for lunch, let’s celebrate your anniversary with you before you celebrate with your hubby. Honestly, that’s sweet and really warmth too!

Well, today ain’t the day, but that was sometime a month ago…. Ya, it happened a month ago.

Nowadays many of my friends will drop by and asked me, ‘Hey, anywhere for lunch?’. I was like, ‘Hello, am I supposed to do this job??’ Of course, it’s been my pleasure to share and even to blog about it. Though, work load is like getting no where, and my stress level is increasing and that making me no time to write too.

When I created this blog, my whole objective is to write and to release my stress from work. And honestly, it helps. From there, it also gain some monetary motivation that keep me moving. After all the hoohaa at work, and all the high turn over, whatever left balance will be automatically transfer the jobs to you. That actually has made me no time to write, no time to take photo and no time to draft anything out from my mind. And the stress level has gone up to a time that I nearly wanted to give up everything. Almost every weekend and week nights I was sitting in front of the laptop and never stop typing or working or even analyzing. I do wonder at times, is this what I want?

Of course, I still surf around for food, and leave a few comments to a few corners that I frequently patronized. I just missed it anyway…

Sip & Chew Café… what attract me is not because of anything but this Flower Pot Ice Cream! Yes, that’s the Flower Pot Ice Cream!! I first got to know from Pioneer Woman whom blogged about it, and it attracted my attention since then. Who in the world so creative that creates this??

2013_05_28 Sip & Chew 009a 2013_05_28 Sip & Chew 019a
When my fellow colleagues asked me where to go for dessert, with no second thought I told them let’s try out this place. Though I know they are not using any good brand ice cream, but who cares, it’s something that attracts many insane people like us. When the flower pot was place on the table, they were like ‘Oooh….!!’, ‘Ahhh… !!’, ‘Eehhhh….!!’, ‘Wowww…. !!’. Any surprise expression, you name it, you can hear it! Then there goes the snapping sound, ‘click’, ‘click’, ‘click’, ‘click’…. (smile, I just can’t stop smiling when I think back that scene).

Ok, like I said we were here for desserts, of course, no main course, no snacks nor anything but DESSERTs! Yes, you heard me, DESSERT!

2013_05_28 Sip & Chew 008a 2013_05_28 Sip & Chew 010a
A crepe cake that shared among us… though this wasn’t the main character; however it does fill up our desire in terms of desserts’ hunger.

2013_05_28 Sip & Chew 016a 2013_05_28 Sip & Chew 001a
Here comes the main character, Potted Plant Ice Cream Cake. Isn’t that pretty??

2013_05_28 Sip & Chew 003a 2013_05_28 Sip & Chew 004a 2013_05_28 Sip & Chew 005a 2013_05_28 Sip & Chew 006a 2013_05_28 Sip & Chew 007a 
After the whole ‘process’ … we were all happy and enjoyed!


Other Review




Address & Contact Number
No. 72, Jalan Masjid Kapitan Keling
Georgetown, 10200
Penang
Tel: +6017-531 3480

Business Hour
Tue to Sun 12pm to 12am

Comments

meiyi said…
hello, how does the potted plant taste? when you say that it's not good ice cream, can it be worst than nestle's?
julian said…
nice post brother :)
Unknown said…
Hi! We are from Tour Directions Penang. We have come across your interesting blog, and would like to cordially invite you to partner with us on an exciting journey ahead. TourDirections Penang is now launching an exclusive Ambassador Network Programme. We are in search for a group of talented, active food bloggers and we have found you!

“What’s in store for you?”
1. We offer exclusive blogger pass for you to enjoy free food tasting in Penang cafes & restaurants
2. We promote your blog on TourDirections Penang website to channel more traffic to your blog
3. We publish your name and photo on “Hall of Fame” for recognition as food blogger
4. We offer “behind-the-stage” invitation for special tour and event coverage in Penang
5. We provide you a platform to gain invaluable food-touring experience, potential monetary rewards and future career prospects with TourDirections Penang

If you are interested, please get in touch with us