Rasa Malaysia’s recipe.
I find that it’s even more easy to make compared to Green Pea Cookies and even Peanut Cookies. When I made that for the first time, hubby wasn’t really like the shape of this cookies, but of course, when it’s out from the oven, the entire kitchen was full of chocolate smell.
120g castor sugar + 100g brown sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
320g all purpose flour
80g corn flour or corn starch
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp cocoa powder – optional
100g almond nibs (chopped almonds)
250g chocolate chips
Preheat the oven 200 degree Celsius for 20 minutes.
Combine all dried ingredients into a mixing bowl, mixed well.
Beat the butter, castor sugar and brown sugar till creamy.
Gradually add on the flours in the mixing bowl.
As well as cocoa powder if you decided to add that in.
Once done, am actually used ¾ size spoon scoop out the dough and place it onto the baking tray. And baked for 10 minutes, let it cool before storing in the container.
Friday, January 28, 2011
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
This would be my 1st time after 8 years of not making any… wonder how would it taste like… and seriously, the excitement for making this for the family is still the same.
Making this for my younger sister… this is her all time favourite. I wonder will she like this version which added sesame oil in the dough.
Anyway, … when I bake this, the whole house is full of sesame aroma.
I adapted Lingze’s recipe on this and that could make about 100 over cookies.
175g icing sugar
300g all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
200g corn oil
20g sesame oil
1 small egg (for egg wash)
- Weigh all dry ingredients per what stated in the recipes, and mixed them all in a large bowl.
- Mixed the dried ingredients by using whisk that will mix the dried ingredients well.
- Add oil gradually to form dough.
- If the dough is too crumby, add more oil, but for this case, I added the sesame oil.
- Once done, roll a small tiny dough and put it on the baking tray.
- Use round tip to form a tiny hole.
- Brush with lightly beaten egg wash before baking.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes at 170 degree Celsius.
Happy Prosperous New Year!!