This is a dish which is certainly for anyone that didn’t want to mess up their kitchen. Steaming is a way of healthy eating, and it also able to taste the taste of the ingredients freshness too.
Learnt this from my mom whenever she’s out of idea what to cook for us. Of course, comparing her skills and mine, there are rooms for improvement from my side.
300 to 400g of Pork Ribs
10 cloves of chopped garlic
5 to 6 Chili Padi, chopped
2 tablespoons of Sour Plum Sauce
1.5 tablespoons of sugar
Tiny pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of corn starch
Chopped spring onions for garnishing (optional)
1. Wash and clean the ribs with running water.
2. Once done, add in sour plum sauce, sugar, salt, corn starch, garlic and chilies.
3. Mixed well and make sure it’s all well coated with the sauce.
4. Marinate for about 20 minutes, if time permit, best to marinate more than 30 minutes.
5. Boil a pot of water and wait till the water is boiling.
6. Put in the well coated ribs on a plate and steaming for 25 to 30minutes, depending the size of the ribs.
7. Once done, garnish it with spring onions.
8. Best to serve with steam rice.