Ristorante Bella Italia

Hubby was in the mood for Italian food the other day. I was thinking does Peppino in Golden Sands open at lunch, well, as far as I know they are not. So, ended up we both landed in Bella Italia in Bellisa Row, Pulau Tikus.

This place though is small, but you could see the stream of customers flowing in is pretty frequent. I supposed the food here is reputable.

I always like Aglio Olio Spaghetti (RM21-00). Without second thought I have this for myself, and also requested it to be a bit more spicy. When it serves, I was surprised to see they actually used chili padi to cook this instead of chili flakes. However, hubby likes this compared to others place.

We order a bowl of Crema Ai Fungal (aka Cream of Mushroom Soup, RM13-50) to share.

A Pizza Alla Siciliana (RM27-80) which consists of broccoli florets, fresh tomatoes, anchovies, garlic and black olives was hubby’s choice. He finds it a bit salty, but overall it was tasty.

Not to forget a cup of Long Black Italian Coffee (RM5-50) and a glass of Café Latte (RM6-50) that ends a fulfilling lunch.

Total damage is RM81-73. No doubt about it, this place is rather pricey. Though you could see many people are still patronizing this place. That’s one thing I don’t like was we both were thinking to have a quiet lunch, unfortunately the customers down there speaks very loud, that had spoilt our appetite.



Other Review
vKeong
Lingzie
Foodilicious (Batu Feringghi Branch)
Cokeworld Citizen
Witch Venting Burrow


Address & Contact Number
368-1-7 Jalan Burma
Bellisa Row
10350 Penang
Tel: +604-227 2195

149 Jalan Batu Feringghi
11000 Penang
(Opposite Rasa Sayang Resort)
Tel: +604-881 3741

Business Hour:
Lunch: 11.30am to 2.30pm
Dinner: 6pm to 10.30pm
Opens 7 days a week

Comments

Jason Wong said…
This place brings back memories. It was the first restaurant I went dating with Gill. At that time it was a huge sum for lowly paid me.

Since then, I have not step foot into that place again for almost 5 years.
minchow said…
Hahaha at Jason's comment... awww, so sweet! The food's always been dependable here... although, yes, a bit too pricey! Did you meet the ever-youthful maitre'd? I'm sure he's been there for as long as this place's been opened!
allie said…
Always heard about this place, yet to have $$ to try it out :P
You didn't try their tiramisu?
vkeong said…
the pizza here left me a very deep impression, one of the best I had
Food Promotions said…
The soup is quite expensive, but can see that it is very creamy.
choi yen said…
The mushroom soup is good enough...have chunks of mushroom~~
Nick Chan said…
the seafood soup is good and love the pizza. =)
cariso said…
The aglio olio looks very tempting to me :)
Anonymous said…
i see brocolli in the pizza? never seen it before...but it looks tempting...
worldwindows said…
Lunch = Loud:) The pizza must be really good!?
Lee said…
Hi New Kid, the dishes look nice.
Somehow I don't go for Italian food.
Or Japanese....I eat to live, not live to eat, ha ha.
But not particular what my wife cooks....
Have fun, best regards, Lee.
Lingzie said…
my fav italian place!! :)

and i heard that peppino closed down d... :(
Big Boys Oven said…
this place looks a bit expensive for Penang, I think! Olio for RM21.90 is a bit high unless the is a lot of seafood or meat in it! :)
Anonymous said…
the food is not nice at all and waiters and chef are rude. I cant even finished the meal. I would definitely not recommend this place to anyone. Try Bravo italia.