Chain Ferry Road Curry Mee

I have been searching this curry mee stall high and low and yet I can’t find it till few weekends ago, it was an accidental passed by then I told hubby I saw a stall there with full of crowds. Not sure what is that, and wonder will hubby want to try out.

I actually read a magazine named Flavour where they introduced many recipes and eatery outlets in various places. They used to attach a small booklet (Flavour Magazine Good Food Guide) and recommend few hawker delights to their readers, and one of them is Curry Mee in Raja Uda (aka 加料咖喱麵) which I had blogged about it before. Another place is this ‘Un-named Curry Mee’.

View Larger Map

This stall is situated along Jalan Assumption & Jalan Chain Ferry. If you know Butterworth well, the old trunk road to Sungai Petani is the way to this stall. You will pass by Taman Inderawasih, Indah Water on your left if you are coming from Penang Bridge, and Shell Petrol Station on your right. All the way down till a cross junction with traffic lights, turning right will be Butterworth Convent Primary School, and the stall is situated on the left.

I didn’t know this is the place where I was searching for a long time; neither do I expect something out of it too. But to my surprise, this isn’t bad, and it’s compatible with those famous curry mee in Penang Island, like Jalan Seratus Tahun Curry Mee.

We were told this stall open for business very early in morning and normally end at 12noon. Also, always be prepared for 20minutes waiting time.

Comments

worldwindows said…
Prawns look very fresh, sotong vow, almost raw cockles yum but the coagulated pig's blood is a no, no, for me. A good discovery to savour. I remember an old friend took me to Batu Maung to enjoy Penang laksa under the coconut tree in a real kampung!
Little Inbox said…
Hmm...I dun think I manage to find it lo... Tried on the Raja Uda night stall curry mee, and sure will order their other dishes like prawns and sotong. Taste good!
Steven Goh said…
oh yummy.... I heard about that place long time ago glad you remind me to check it out. Btw, it shouldn't be very expensive rite? Next time if u visit Bayan Baru, u can visit the BB cafe behind Sunshine Square. I blog about the stall before and the curry paste is very nice too.
Jason said…
I think most of the places recommended by Flavours are good but I haven't tried them though. They featured the Old Klang Road, Sri Petaling and Puchong early this year.
Anonymous said…
Ya, the curry mee taste good and spicey too. Took 2 bowl once as the serving was small. A short wait needed before one can taste it.
ling239 said…
pig blood in curry mee?
that must be really good!
hard to find nowadays...