Double Good Restaurant, 好好

I’ve heard many friends told me about Double Good in Penang Island, and Indonesian Prawn is one of their signature dish and highly recommended by lots of people. I’ve not patron to the mentioned branch before, however over the weekend it was conveniently I brought my parents to the Auto City branch instead.

Straight away, I ordered Indonesian Prawn without hesitation. I tasted the curry paste has some salted fish in it. And my family and I prefer the one in Kampong Benggali compared to this because of the prawns given are obviously bigger than here and the price that charged is more reasonable.

Some greens, vegetables with garlic was my compulsory dish.

Pork ribs stew was another dish that I’ve ordered. Something different as I was told many that patrons to Double Good will have the 3-cups chicken (三杯雞).

Last, we have their Signature Beancurd (招牌豆腐).

Food serving is rather small and total damage is about RM64.10, do you think it’s expensive? Oh yes, the service was absolutely satisfying and also very attentive.


Other Review
Penang Food Galore
Wiki Street Food
A Hong Kong Snob, Vinyl Collector & Analogue Music Lover


Address & Contact Number
Double Good (Penang Island)
26, Jalan Tun Dr Awang
Sg. Nibong Kecil
Bayan Lepas
Penang
Tel: +604-643 4188

Double Good (Mainland)
1681-F2 Jalan Perusahaan
Auto-City North-South Highway Juru Interchange
13600 Prai
Penang
Tel: +604-501 4188


Business hours:
11 am to 3 pm
6 pm to 10 pm



Comments

Penang Tua Pui said…
ya.. the indonesian prawn is their signature dish...

but i dun really like goiing there unless on certain function.. like farewell lor..

now pocket tak tahan.. hee hee
choi yen said…
What's the different between gravy of Indonesian prawn & curry?
cariso said…
Double Good is one of my favourites.
Little Inbox said…
I've taste all the mentioned dishes. My opinion: Their food is not cook on the spot. Some of them is like pre-cooked, and heat it up when there's order.
Allie said…
Normally I only eat da prawn gravy nia.

Just to inform you that you've tagged by me.
worldwindows said…
Looks like a big claypot of prawns! Interesting dish. Have not eaten it before.
ling239 said…
curry with salted fish is always good ~ ^_^
Hi PTP, I've not been to the Penang branch yet. But over in Mainland I find them over price it.

Hi mimid3vils, the name Indonesian is just for the sake of the name, I guess? And it's also depending the cook how to cook it.

Hi Cariso, not me lor. :(

Hi Little Inbox, Hmmm... I realize they served pretty fast, but never thought of that.

Hi Allie, ok ok... will check it out.

Hi worldwindows, only 5 prawns for 4 of us. :(

Hi Ling239, is that right?
Anonymous said…
Been to the island branch once but did not try their Indo prawn. Does the price differ in the two branches??
Anonymous said…
Its good to know that they have an outlet on the Mainland too...
Anonymous said…
Since you had the prawns, the price is still quite reasonable. Well, it could still be lesser to suit most of our pockets though. LOL!

http://crizfood.com/
Food Paradise said…
The 3 cups chicken is nice. Btw..... u have been tagged. Pop over my blog and see the details. lol
Steven Goh said…
ya the indonasian curry prawn is excellent. Moreover the price are very resonable. You reminded me to dine there again.
Anonymous said…
I've tried their food. yes, the price are reasonable. However, the dish could be better, still a lot of improvement.
the 3 cups chicken taste a good but it rather called any other name because it is so much different with the original 3 cups chicken and is a bit misleading if someone really wants to eat a real 3 cups chicken.

Overall, Average.