Evergreen Café Koay Teow Th’ng 永茂茶室粿条汤


DSC_0478 DSC_0459
Whenever people tells us they are going for Hutton Lane Koay Teow Th’ng, many of us will think of the Fook Chiew Café Koay Teow Th’ng. Well, how many of us think of this?

This is my first time visit and I noticed their soup base is definitely a thumb up for it. Not that I find the others not nice or what, however some stall just not too consistent in making their soup. At times it’s just as bland as normal soup with MSG.

This coffee shop is easy to recognize, it is same row as the Eden Coffee House, and it used to be so famous that you ought to call for reservation. And it is also opposite the MPPP multi–storey car park too.

Apart from what Sin Chew Press has written about this stall, hubby also got to know a little history about it, this was originally established from the old tau keh 40 to 50 over years ago. It was operated by a small trishaw behind the back lane. And from there, they have built their regular customers and the business grew from there.

Currently this is managed by the second generation and it has become one of the favourite spot for many people that come here for breakfast.

The soup is sweet in nature, I believe it is boiled from what many Chinese said big bones (大骨) or Cantonese called it 豬頭骨. Other than that, I believe they have other ingredients that make the soup sweet and delicious.

Why should I say more about it… let the pictures tell the thousand story, right?
DSC_0476 DSC_0470 DSC_0468


Other Review

蓝天白云数格子

Where2Eat



Address & Contact Number
No. 11, Hutton Lane
10050 Georgetown
Penang

Operating Hour: 7am to 1pm
Off Wednesday

Comments

Ken said…
woah, so many pork lards lol, no doubt they are flavorful but they are just too oily for me :P
Hi Ken, Is that so?? I find that their soup is more consistent. :)
Unknown said…
Hi,
The kuey Teow soup is nice but I feel like the kuey teow soup is kind of overprice and the portion is small. Need to eat 2 bowl to fill my stomach.

rgds
Wong, BestPenangFood.com
Hi Pow Long Wong, I do agree with you. However, I believe there's always a price to pay for it. :)
The portion was reasonable to me though.