Home Cooked Fermented Bean Paste Pork Belly 豆酱炒豬肉

What would you do when comes to weekend? Do you do all the cleaning like mop floor, wash car, wash clothes, wash toilets, wash drying area, clean your stove, basin, bathrooms, etc. I guess many of us, the working wife or the working mother that without a maid will do this house chores right?  And do you turn on the TV and not watching but carrying on all the work?? Sounds familiar huh? I was basically doing all these when comes to weekend,  I even ‘listen’ to the movies instead of sitting down and watching it! So, I guess am not alone of doing such weird stuff right?

One shot, listened and watched X–Men series … didn’t realize the whole movie was talking about human and mutants how to fight for staying in one planet. Anyway, the entire movie, can see these super heroes how to fight with the bad ones and so on. Though it isn’t that dry, some how, can never able to understand the entire movie story line, it’s just like the other movie named Transformer. I guess I am that kind of person will never spend such money to watch such sci–fi movies in the theater. I rather spend the money to watch movies like The Iron Lady, The Lady, The Green Mile, Dancing with Wolves those movies.

Because of the different movie interest, most of the time, I know my better half is accompanying me to watch those movie which he always called the dry one. And, I can just never ever sit with him to watch anything like thriller, or horrify movies. Ended up, he would have to invest into home theater, and buy some good movies to watch at home. Come to think of it, I am kind of unreasonable, huh?
Weekend is my only 2 days that I don’t have to cook, the only thing that I have to do is to do some marketing for the week. So when comes to Friday, will have to plan out the entire week dishes, whether is noodle, porridge, 1 pot dish, etc. 

DSC_0524
Fermented Bean Paste fry Pork Belly is my favourite, and because of the way my mom fry it that become hubby’s favourite too. When comes to weekend, mom will cook this dish for us, and I can never ever learn the way she fried it. I guess I will have to master it. The ingredient is rather simple.. I believe each house hold will have a few things at home… things like garlic, onion, fermented bean paste, oyster sauce, etc. This dish is something easy to prepare and need not to have a lot of fancy things to cook.

Ingredients
500g pork belly
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 tablespoon of dark soya sauce
1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
6 chili padi (chopped)
1 tablespoon of fermented bean paste
½ cup of water


Method
  1. Cut the pork belly into thin strip, approximately 1cm
  2. Marinade the meat with 1 tablespoon of dark soya sauce and 1 tablespoon of sugar for about 20 minutes
  3. While marinating, best to kill the time by cutting the chili and the garlic.
  4. Heat the wok with some oil, don’t pour too much, cuz, pork belly do release oil when you fry it.
  5. Once the wok is heated, fry the fermented bean paste, garlic and chili till fragrant.
  6. Then add in the meat, let it stay in the wok for few minutes, then fry it.
  7. Make sure it’s high flame, the wok is hot.
  8. In order to make the meat is fully cooked, best to cover the wok with the wok cover on and off and fry it again. That would make the dish real tasty and fragrant.
  9. Once cook, dish out and best to serve with steam rice.
DSC_0525 DSC_0526
You must be wondering why am I not adding in any sugar, based on what I’ve tried, 1 tablespoon of sugar is sufficient. However, if you find it too salty before you dish out, you can still add a dash of sugar. Mom normally cook this dish without adding any water, that makes this real dry and normally she will add in ½ tablespoon of chili boh. But I prefer the chili padi that make the dish has a bit of spiciness, hence I use chili padi instead.

Comments