AutoCity SoHo

If you see this lovely English style building, you will tend to fall in love with the architecture. It caught my attention when I came around to Auto City, Juru. And never know that’s SoHo.
SoHo is a familiar name for many people in Penang, especially those like to hang out at night with a group of friends and so on. Well, this is the branch in mainland (that’s many Penang people naming Province Wellesley), and it’s located in Auto City, Juru. The one in Penang is located in Penang Road.

This is one of my back dated post. I wasn’t plan to post, due to the bad shots that I took. But since, I didn’t post many of this week, I guess I better do some homework then.
I was told one of their recommended dishes is Shepherd’s Pie. Shepherd’s Pie is an English traditional dish where the bottom layer is mince lamb meat and covered by mashed potatoes. I do find it ok, as the meat wasn’t that dry after baking and you could still see some juices. Look at the giant sausage with mashed potatoes. It’s not anything special, but you’ll be surprised that the taste of the sauces is kind of good.
As well as the pumpkin soup. The soup was good, and am surprise that it isn’t that sweet, as pumpkin known as sweet that’s why many dessert making does use it. The soup came with garlic bread, isn’t that a nice combination?

Gordon Blue Chicken was the special dish of the day. It’s breast chicken meat wrapped with vegetables and also spread some special made gravy on top of the deep fried chicken. Apparently this is a persistent translation mistakes were made for ages, and it should be spelled as Cordon Bleu instead of Gordon Blue. Cordon is the French word for a ribbon. Cordon Bleu means “blue ribbon”.
I guess the most common would be this spaghetti. It’s not anything special, however, the herbs that make this spaghetti a thumbs up for 2nd round.Last but not least would be this grilled lamb chop. Put aside of its overpowering flavour, the way they cook, and the lamb is tender and succulent.
Of course the above meal will be completed with you have a glass of Irish Coffee or a glass of beer isn’t it??

Address & Contact Number
SOHO English Pub & Restaurant
1832-G1 Jalan Perusahaan
Auto-City North-South Highway Juru Interchange
13600 Prai
Penang
Tel: +604-507 0079

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yea, agree with you. The appearance of the building is quite attractive. I had my dinner at Little Italy, Bukit Jambul, Penang last week. Order the pumpkin soup, garlic bread, extra large sausage in cheese omelette, and lastly the Tiramisu. I will never forget about the Tiramisu. Extraordinary nice! Regret not bringing my camera along. :(
Jacelyn Chew said…
i like pumpkin soup. there is a coffee house named Paprika in Ipoh which owned by an English man, and his pumpkin soup is the best i've ever tasted....unfortunately, i still haven't posted any of review on it, coz i only visited once! :(
Anonymous said…
The Cordon Bleu looks really scrumptious :D I notice most Western food stalls in coffeeshop spell it as Gordon Bleu which sometimes confuses me as well! I'd like to try the Irish coffee. Doesn't the whipped cream melt in hot coffee?
Hi Celine, thks for dropping by. Do try Bakerzin's Tiramisu. Among the places, I guess I like them the best. It's something different from others.

Hi Jacelyn, I heard of this Paprika in Ipoh. Haven't gotten a chance to visit them. Well, pls post it and share with us their pumpkin soup.

Hi Durianberry, when I saw Gordon Blue in the menu, I thought it was made by the alcohol Gordon Blue. Haha... The whipped cream will melt slowly in the steaming hot coffee.
Christina Kim said…
SoHo in AutoCity? Is this the same SoHo in Penang Road?
Wow....this place seems to RAWK!!

Erm...are there fish on the menu? Hehehe:)

The presentation in your pics still look good:)
Hi Christy, thks for dropping... hope to see you more often.

I was told that both are the same. I didnt really notice whether do they have any fish in their menu. I guess they do. :)
ling239 said…
the mash pototo looks like those icing decoration on cupcakes ~ ^_^
Anonymous said…
Nice building. Wouldn't it be good if there's an eatery designed the ala Ratatouile theme? :)
Hi Jason, .... hmmm, that theme ah??? True also hor???